A sentry at the heart of our inquiry: Ganesha, remover of obstacles
The Life Impressions Institute® embraces the idea that we are Spirit that has become form. Our physical, emotional, mental and energetic aspects, developed from embryonic stages to this moment, hold information for personal growth. By exploring our form with great care, safety and support, movement, exploration, and hands on connection, we arrive once more at the indwelling Spirit from whence we began.
Moving into stillness: a way of being
It is in the depths of stillness that we are renewed, we remember who or what we are. Even in traditional western medicine when all seems lost to the patient, inducing coma may restore and promote healing. From the stillness of the first moments of life in our embryo, before the vibration of life force we rested in deep stillness and we can remain there even in action...
Treating the need not the symptoms
Our nervous system governs to tone all tissues. Through movement and hands on therapy we will offer support and safety in order to help the individual cultivate greater awareness to "switch off" habitual behavior, toned muscles, organs and other tissues. When we "switch off" our habitual patterns even for a short time, we find greater stillness when we return to action...
You are perfectly balanced within your own personal imbalance
To intervene one must increase support and safety, not mechanically superimpose a new pattern. We are not interested in fixing or aligning according to what is anatomically correct so much as to what is reasonable possible. We want to awaken and increase options within safe body and interpersonal constraints.
Re-birthed in the belly of the big tree
Donald vanHowten is an Ayurvedic practitioner, Feldenkrais® teacher and certified massage therapist instructor specializing in various types of soft-tissue methods, such as cranial and visceral Touch Of Awakening®. Van teaches in the United States, Europe, Costa Rica and New Zealand and he has a private practice in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and is an associate instructor at the Ayurvedic Institute In New Mexico.
Van's Blog: Recent Posts
|Healing Hands From Arm Bud Memories||12/03/2012|
|Health in The Foreground, Ailments in Background||05/28/2012|
|Abandonment: who leaves and who is left?||05/28/2012|
|From another mind||02/10/2012|
|Ribs…The 12 Apostles of Breath||12/30/2011|
Some ways we explore and integrate re-learning
- Exploration of embryological development (which is still in progress!) we continue to live within our embryo, the deep tissue and belief engagements that were established then influence us now.
- Manual contact method directed in such a manner as the locate the patterns and events stored in our tissues for "updating" and self correction.
- Hands on methods which are very gentle directing the recipient inward in order to tend to all 7 tissue layers, particularly bone membrane and fluid systems to "recover neutrality", thus reclaiming a greater depth of stillness.
- Balance of major organs as well as their inner strains on the skeleton, including; pancreas, liver, heart and brain.
- Movement lessons for integration in everyday use as well as therapy.
For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
or call (505) 988-2627.
Treating with Keystone Sacred Structures of the Human Form
March 11-13, 2011
'Truth or Consequences, NM